Fundamentals of Speech Privacy and Sound Masking Online
This course will discuss the needs for acoustic privacy in the workplace, the core acoustic concepts behind speech privacy, and differing approaches to sound masking systems.
The learner will understand the impact on speech privacy based on the architecture and furnishings present inside the space and finally, instruction on key information to collect in performing a site survey prior to the deployment of a sound masking system.
Time to Complete (approx.): 3-5 hours
Course Learning Objectives:
- Define the need for speech privacy
- Core concepts of architectural acoustics
- Demonstrate how sound masking provides speech privacy
- Understand how architecture is driving the need for speech privacy
- Collecting information for a successful sound masking project
This course provides:
- 5 AVIXA RUs applicable to CTS/CTS-I, and CTS-D
- 2 BICSI CECs