VLP series amplifier allows to use two types of input connector per channel, XLRjack for balanced connections and 1/4-inch female jack that will accept balanced and unbalanced connectors. Use these connections to connect output signal from mixer, cross-over or EQ to VLP Series amplifier. Balanced connection is recommended for cable runs longer that 20ft. When constructing own XLR cables follow pin configuration describe below for proper connections. For cable runs shorter than 20ft may choose the 1/4-inch unbalanced input option. 1/4-inch unbalanced input option may be more convenient for most users due to abundant supply of prefabricated cables available at local audio dealer.
- Thru will allow user to daisy-chain one amplifiers signal input into another amplifier
- Applying or lifting ground switch will change level for background noise and hum
- Gain controls are located on front panel and are calibrated in 2dB of attenuation from full gain
- Each channel has five LEDS, two LEDs indicate signal level activity, two green LEDs, one yellow LED indicates signal clipping
- Thermal protection, dual variable speed fans on VLP series amplifier provide adequate cooling