LONG BEACH, Calif. Dec. 8, 2010 – Epson America, Inc., a leading provider of superior performing desktop printing solutions, and Thinxtream™ Technologies today announced that the PrintJinni™ for Epson® mobile printing App will be available for free and offers native support for the Apple® iPad™, making it easier for Apple mobile device users to print documents on the go.
PrintJinni for Epson allows Apple iPhone®, iPod Touch® and iPad users (iOS 3 and 4) to easily print Microsoft® Office, PDF, and JPEG attachments from Apple MobileMeSM, Gmail™, Microsoft Exchange, and AOL® e-mail accounts to any Epson wireless all-in-one, including WorkForce®, Artisan® and Epson Stylus® NX models1.
“Whether you’re printing a document at home or a presentation for an important meeting, PrintJinni for Epson allows you to preview and print to any Epson wireless all-in-one near your Apple device,” said Gregg Brunnick, group product manager, Consumer Ink Jets, Epson America, Inc. “Epson is committed to delivering superior printing performance to mobile device users, that’s why we are also happy to offer expanded iPad printing capabilities and make the App free to our customers.”
Unlike other mobile printing solutions, PrintJinni for Epson allows users to easily download, preview and wirelessly print e-mail attachments that maintain their original formatting – the print preview matches the print. Printing is easy and truly direct without the need to install printer drivers or additional software on a Mac or PC.
In addition, this latest version of PrintJinni for Epson utilizes the iPad’s larger screen size and rotational capabilities while providing a more intuitive interface. It offers faster navigation to multiple e-mail accounts, downloaded files, and printer settings. As an added benefit, iPad users can now email and print their Apple iWork documents wirelessly.
PrintJinni for Epson Features:
- Connects to Epson wireless all-in-ones over a wireless network
- Previews and prints without the need for an intermediate computer, additional software or printer drivers
- Prints PDF, Word®, Excel® and PowerPoint® documents (Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007, Macintosh versions 2004 and 2008), and JPEG e-mail attachments
- Enhances iPad user experience
- New user interface optimized for the iPad’s larger screen size and rotation capabilities
- Improved browsing of e-mail attachments and downloaded files
- More robust document search and a simplified printing workflow
- Email and print Pages, Numbers and Keynote documents
- Provides simple set-up and e-mail attachment support for Apple MobileMe, Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, AOL, and other IMAP-based email accounts
- Delivers secure encrypted communication for mobile printing
- Supports iPad2, iPhone 43, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch4
“We are pleased to enhance PrintJinni for Epson and make it easier for iPad users to view and print documents on Epson printers,” said Robert Shibata, director of marketing, Thinxtream Technologies. “We are also excited to continue developing new features for Epson customers – which means more ongoing value as we introduce new capabilities.”
Pricing and Availability
PrintJinni for Epson will be available from Thinxtream Technologies free in the U.S. and Canada on the Apple App Store by the end of December, and includes a one-year subscription to PrintJinni Cloud Services. The App will continue to be priced at $6.99 until the Apple App Store processes the price change. More information about Epson’s mobile printing solutions is available on Epson’s website.
With a free My-iQ account, you'll be able to keep track of the latest updates and event notifications from your favorite AV manufacturers, manage your own projects and discover new pro-AV products.
Request more information from a dealer near you