AUSTIN, Texas (TCEA, Booth #2339) – Feb. 9, 2011 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today introduced the PowerLite X9, delivering bright and powerful projection to education for $599*. This new projector offers 2,500 lumens color and white light output2 and XGA resolution for detailed, bright presentations in classrooms as well as small to medium sized conference rooms.
“While education budgets continue to shrink, we recognize there is still a need for advanced and reliable technology in the classroom,” said Sara Kim, product manager, Epson America, Inc. “The PowerLite X9 provides classrooms with brightness, sharp image quality and convenient connectivity that won’t break the bank.”
More about the PowerLite X9
The PowerLite X9 delivers several convenient features for the classroom and boardroom, including:
- USB Plug ‘n Play Instant Setup: Instantly projects images and controls the presentation from either a Windows® PC or Mac via a standard USB cable; allows for easier set up and eliminates the hassle of dealing with bulky VGA cables and toggling between computer keys
- Versatile Connectivity: Audio out port helps classrooms connect to external speakers to enhance the sound of presentations; monitor out port helps classrooms connect to external monitors to help the teacher stay focused during a lesson or presentation
- Closed Captioning: Built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments with no added cost, and helps meet ADA section 508 compliance
- Setup Flexibility: 1.2x optical zoom and +30 degree automatic vertical keystone correction provide easy and convenient setup in multiple classroom settings
- Convenient Control: Direct Power On and Off allows for an installed projector to be powered with a flip of a wall switch; Instant On/Off® enables teachers to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and be up and running in seconds; A/V Mute Slide stops the sound and picture to allow for a quick pause in the presentation
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson’s exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 5,000 hours3 in economy mode helping to maximize presentation time
- Compact: Lightweight design and compact form factor make it easily portable from classroom to classroom
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness4
With a free My-iQ account, you'll be able to keep track of the latest updates and event notifications from your favorite AV manufacturers, manage your own projects and discover new pro-AV products.
Request more information from a dealer near you