- Saudi Television continues to modernize its television infrastructure with a full range of interoperable HD solutions
- Move to HD file-based workflows helps drive greater efficiencies and builds return on investment
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, February 8, 2011 (CABSAT MENA 2011, Stand S3-A21, Sheikh Saeed Hall) — Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS), an international communications and information technology company, has been awarded a contract to supply products spanning its entire high-definition (HD) broadcast portfolio to Saudi Arabia's Ministry of Culture and Information (MOCI) at four new HD studio facilities.
The new studios — to be built in the cities of Arar, Al Joaf, Najran and Al Baha — add to the number of Saudi Television HD facilities using Harris broadcast equipment, with additional studios and transmission projects currently underway. Harris is working with Riyadh-based dealer and systems integrator First Gulf Company (FGC).
"In recent years, Harris has continued to deliver reliable and cost-effective solutions to support the rollout of our HD initiatives across Saudi Arabia," said Dr. Riyadh Najm, deputy minister of engineering, Ministry of Culture and Information. "The company's integrated solutions will continue to help us to drive towards greater workflow efficiencies and build real returns on our investment — while continuing to support the construction of some of the most sophisticated HD broadcast facilities seen in the region."
The new HD studios will incorporate control rooms and playout facilities and feature interoperable solutions from Harris including:
- Videotek® TVM test and measurement devices to maintain signal integrity
- Fiber optic solutions for inter-/intra-facility transport of HD signals
- Predator II™; and Predator II-GX™ multiviewers for monitoring
- Inscriber® G-Series™ graphics products for live production
- Platinum™ routers for processing video and audio signals throughout the facility and across different sites
- NEXIO® servers for content acquisition, production, distribution and media management
- A range of Harris core processing technology including up/down/cross converters and multiplexers/demultiplexers to ensure all content is processed at the highest quality HD.
"We have worked closely with Saudi Television and First Gulf Company for many years to implement the buildout of our integrated solutions at studio facilities throughout Saudi Arabia," said Said Bacho, vice president, Middle East and South Asia operations, Harris Broadcast Communications. "This latest order for four new HD studio sites underscores our capability to support MOCI's effort to modernize Saudi Television's facilities and to build state-of-the-art facilities used by broadcasters around the world."
In broadcast communications, Harris offers products, systems and services that provide interoperable workflow solutions for broadcast, cable, satellite and out-of-home networks. The Harris ONE™ solution brings together highly integrated and cost-effective products that enable advanced media workflows for emerging content delivery business models.