The EMC Isilon X-Series, powered by the OneFS™ operating system, uses a highly versatile yet simple scale- out storage architecture to speed access to massive amounts of critical data, while dramatically reducing cost and complexity. The Isilon X-Series provides a flexible solution to accelerate your high-concurrent and sequential-throughput applications. Inaddition, with SSD technology for file-system metadata, the Isilon X-Series significantly accelerates namespace intensive operations.
Agility and Flexibility: The EMC Isilon X-Series is the first scale-out storage solution capable of scaling from a few terabytes to over 15 petabytes and over 100 gigabytes per second (Gb/s) of throughput, all within a single file system. On-the-fly scaling enables your organization to quickly grow capacity and performance linearly or independently, for ultimate agility.
Simplicity: With its modular architecture and intelligent software, the Isilon X-Series makes deployment and management simple. Once racked, an X-Series cluster can be brought online in less than 10 minutes. With a single pool of storage with a global namespace, an X-Series cluster eliminates the need to support multiple volumes and file systems.
Unmatched Efficiency: With EMC Isilon, you can achieve highly efficient utilization rates -over 80 percent versus 50 percent for traditional NAS or SAN storage. This translates into greater overall efficiency, resulting in lower acquisition, operating, and maintenance costs. Low power consumption and maximum density further enhance the ultra-low overhead of Isilon storage.
- Scale-out Architecture: Truly distributed, fully symmetric clustered architecture that combines modular storage nodes with EMC data and storage management software
- Modular Design: Self-contained nodes include server, software, and disks in your choice of 2U or 4U rack-mountable nodes
- Operating System: EMC Isilon® OneFS® distributed file system. Creates a cluster with a single file system and single global namespace. Fully journaled, fully distributed, globally coherent write/read cache
- High Availability: No single point of failure. Self-healing design protects against disk or node failure. Includes backend intra-cluster failover
- Scalability: Initial cluster setup in less than 10 minutes. Add performance and capacity in 60 seconds. Scales up to 15.5 PB per cluster and over 100 GBps throughput
- Protection Levels: FlexProtect file-level striping with support for N+1 through N+4 and mirroring data protection schemes
- Protocol Support: iSCSI, NFS v3 (UDP or TCP), SMB v1, HTTP, FTP, NDMP, SNMP, LDAP, ADS, NIS, HDFS
- Client Support: Microsoft® Windows®, Linux, UNIX, Apple® Macintosh
- Software Compatibility: Compatible with all EMC Isilon licensable software including: SyncIQ™, SnapshotIQ™, SmartConnect™, SmartQuotas™, SmartPools™, InsightIQ™ and Aspera for Isilon IQ