The HUC6801+D offers broadcast-quality, motion-adaptive, 3D de-interlacing SD to HD upconversion at a surprisingly affordable price.
Available as a two-slot solution in the 6800+™ core processing platform, the HUC6801+D is equivalent to five upconverters in a 1RU space. This compact and cost-effective solution is ideal for situations where space and budget are critical considerations. The HUC6801+D can convert any SD signal to HD, 720p or 1080i, and is typically used for ingest and playout applications (VTR/DVR/camera) where it can be tied to a particular source upstream from the router.
In addition to its support of 1080i and 720p formats at various frame rates, the HUC6801+D also supports common aspect ratios (16:9 Anamorphic, 16:9 Cut, 14:9, 4:3, Pixel True) and user-configurable custom aspect ratios. Standard features include closed captioning support, safe-area generation, onscreen display, test signal generation and adjustable audio/video delay with embedded audio synchronization.
The HUC6801+D can be controlled manually via card-edge controls, or controlled and monitored via the CCS NAVIGATOR™ software application, HTTP web browser, NUCLEUS™ hardware control panels or third-party SNMP-based control applications. The module is Q-SEE™-compliant, allowing for direct thumbnail monitoring when installed in an Ethernet-equipped 6800+ frame.
- Frame sync with embedded audio sync and delay, including incremental audio delay
- Up to seven frames of video delay
- Supports PCM and compressed audio data in the same group
- Two reclocked outputs
- Two program outputs, two more outputs configurable as either program or key
- Variable aspect ratio conversion with five user presets
- User selectable color for internally generated ARC background
- Soft-edge rectangle key output for non-picture area
- Transcoding of closed captioning from EIA608 to EIA708 standards
- Frame sync with matching audio delay
- Onscreen display with programmable transparency for parameter configuration
- Built-in HD test generator with cross-hatch pattern, color bars, luma sweep and SAG (safe area generator) key