The SELOPT-AAEX1 analog audio expansion modules sit adjacent to the frame sync and video conversion application modules in the Selenio frame so as to add analog audio interfaces. The analog audio expansion modules deliver more inputs and outputs and additional functionality to the Selenio platform.
When an expansion module is installed beside an applications module, an automatic connection takes place. The corresponding block diagram in the graphical user interface is updated, giving the user setup, control and monitoring functions.
Audio signals are connected internally over bidirectional high-speed busses, eliminating external cabling.
Additional audio processing functionality can be added to audio expansion modules including Dolby® codecs, MPEG audio codecs, AAC codecs and DTS Neural Surround™ UpMix/DownMix and loudness control.
When viewing the front of the frame, the audio expansion modules are added to the right of the frame sync applications module (higher slot numbers).
The SELOPT-AAEX-AABS analog audio expansion module has one back module for external connectivity — multi-pin with mating connectors.
Audio Expansion Capability
Up to two analog audio expansion modules and/or digital audio expansion modules — or a combination of five analog and digital audio expansion modules — can be placed beside an encoder, decoder, frame sync or video conversion application module.
Please note the following for the advanced audio plug-in:
- The maximum number of APM cards supported is two per FS/XD and audio expansion module pair
- If the configuration has an FS or XD module, one audio expansion module and one advanced audio plug-in sub-module, the advanced audio plug-in must be installed on the FS or XD module
- If the configuration has an FS or XD module, two audio expansion modules and two advanced audio plug-in sub-modules, the advanced audio plug-in must be installed on the FS or XD module and the first adjacent audio expansion module.
- Eight-input and Eight-output balanced analog audio expansion for Selenio frame sync and video conversion modules
- Deliver more inputs and outputs and additional functionality to the Selenio platform
- Audio signals are connected internally over bidirectional high-speed busses, eliminating external cabling