The SELOPT-DAEX-AESCS and SELOPT-DAEX-AESBS digital audio expansion modules sit adjacent to the frame sync and video conversion application modules in the Selenio frame. The expansion modules provide additional unbalanced AES inputs and outputs, or add balanced AES inputs/outputs and increased audio processing functionality, to the Selenio platform.
When a digital expansion module is installed beside an applications module, an automatic connection takes place. The corresponding block diagram in the graphical user interface is updated, giving the user setup, control and monitoring functions.
Audio signals are connected internally over bidirectional high-speed busses, eliminating external cabling.
Additional audio processing functionality can be added to audio expansion modules including Dolby™ codecs, MPEG audio codecs, AAC codecs and DTS Neural Surround™ UpMix/DownMix and loudness control.
When viewing the front of the frame, the audio expansion modules are added to the right of the frame sync applications module (higher slot numbers).
Audio Expansion Capability
For audio expansion, up to two analog audio expansion modules and/or digital audio expansion modules — or a combination of five analog and digital audio expansion modules — can be placed beside an encoder, decoder, frame sync or video conversion application module.
Please note the following for the advanced audio plug-in:
- The maximum number of APM cards supported is two per FS/XD and audio expansion module pair
- If the configuration has an FS or XD module, one audio expansion module and one advanced audio plug-in sub-module, the advanced audio plug-in must be installed on the FS or XD module
- If the configuration has an FS or XD module, two audio expansion modules and two advanced audio plug-in submodules, the advanced audio plug-in must be installed on the FS or XD module and the first adjacent audio expansion module
Back Module Connectivity
The SELOPT-DAEX digital audio application modules offer two choices for back module external connectivity — one with HD-BNC electrical connections for input and output, and one with a DB-62 multi-pin connector for balanced AES connectivity.
AES-3 interfaces utilize a Belden-type 1855 cable (or equivalent) with HD-BNC connectors. A cable removal tool is provided for these types of HD-BNC connections. For balanced AES, a mating connector is included.
- Eight-input and 16-output AES digital audio expansion for Selenio frame sync and video conversion modules
- Unbalanced version utilizing HD-BNC
- Balanced version utilizing 62-pin connector